The 2012 Local Search Association Conference, with a theme of 2012 Search Starts Here is just around the corner. The event will take place in Boca Raton April 21 to 24.
So why should you consider attending? First, it offers excellent networking opportunities with new and existing contacts in the industry, something that this industry use to highly value to help companies grow their businesses, but seems to have lost with all of the changes that have gone on within the industry. The conference has built-in opportunities for meeting the industry innovators, veterans and newcomers and the Boca Resort where this event is being held, offers plenty of space for more private meetings. Here are some more specifics:
- There is the annual golf tournament on Sunday morning, a more casual environment for making and building great connections.
- The Industry Excellence Awards are held Sunday evening, with a reception that follows allows for mixing and mingling over drinks and light refreshments.
- The President’s New Member and Associate Member Reception (invitation only) offers a chance to meet the newest members of the association, as well as those who support the local search industry.
- The Women’s Networking Reception (invitation only) provides excellent networking opportunities in an intimate setting for the growing number of women in the industry.
- The Poolside Party Monday night offers a lively environment for conversation over dinner and cocktails.
Second is the conference agenda. While specifics are being finalized, here is a preliminary agenda.
Third, the conference is the place where the leaders of the industry are recognized for their outstanding innovations in several unique categories. If your team has achievements that should be recognized, it’s time to get your entries submitted. “Communicating the Power of Local Search” is the opportunity to showcase your team’s creative marketing ideas, plans and communication tools. You may enter multiple categories or submit more than one entry in a single category. How does your teams creativity, know-how and implementation compare to the competition? This is the perfect forum to find out.
The awards also feature the National Marketing Division Publisher Partnership Award –an award which will recognize new or enhanced programs launched in 2011 which demonstrate a publisher’s flexibility and willingness to work with national advertisers. Programs can include any publisher products, such as print yellow pages, internet yellow pages, direct, mobile or new media.
The Awards competition is open to all Local Search Association members. Click here for more information on the awards categories and entry submissions. All entries must be received by February 10, 2012.
Fourth: you can save some money if you act now. As a special for YP Talk readers, if you register for the Search Starts Here conference before Feb 17th, you can save $200! Go register now at: http://bit.ly/wdQ4Ux. Tell them YP Talk sent you…